Friday, June 12, 2015

Tea Tea...



Nowhere in my pre travel packet did it say, "don't say Chai Tea...you idiot!" Among the things I learned very quickly, "Chai" means TEA...so asking for Chai Tea will get you a good old fashioned Indian snicker! My bad.
Without question, immediately behind the people who befriended me, what I miss most about Kodai is the MILK Tea. A ridiculously sweet and rich concoction of black tea powder, raw whole milk and lots and lots of sugar...milk tea was more than the perfect 11:00am snack. It was a gathering of entire hospital staffs around a common table (come hell or high water). It was a genuine expression of humanity amid the chaos. It was a heartfelt gift...I know you love this and I have made it just for you!
I have been making it for myself since I returned, but it is missing the raw milk and the ridiculously sweet...people.

No comments:

Post a Comment