Monday, June 8, 2015

Day 2...an elephant never forgets!


We left the guest house in Kodaikanal around 6:30am for a 4 hour car ride to Karala, India...known  for its animal preserves. Another beautiful ride, this time down the mountains. The early morning, the jet lag, the elevation, the general propensity I have for motion sickness did indeed catch up with me and left me briefly heaving on the side of the road. Thankfully, no photos of that! I am happy to say, I did not revisit that feeling at all the rest of my stay in India! In Karala we visited and rode elephants. Before you scream at me, I did my research and the elephant preserve really does honor and take care of these gentle giants. You can see my view from Melody in the top photo. I can honestly say...it was a super uncomfortable hour! The highlight for me was the second picture, when Melody put her trunk on my head and blew (gross) an elephant blessing on me! We are not in Kansas anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment