Thursday, June 3, 2010

When Pigs Fly...

If you found yourself in the shadow of a flying pig on Memorial Day, I think I have an explanation! That afternoon, the unthinkable happened. For five full seconds, I rooted for the Duke Blue Devils! Now before you ask me to burn my Duke Sucks T-shirt, in my defense, I wasn't so much rooting for Duke as I was rooting for #9, New Fairfield's own CJ Costabile. Just like we'd all seen him do many times in high school, CJ snatched the draw, raced straight to goal, with his giant long stick and scored the game winner, straight into ESPN lore. It took all of 5 seconds. I watched while he was interviewed after the game. "CJ, what were you thinking while you raced toward the goal?" Anyone who has spent any time with CJ knew the answer would come in one word. "SCORE." He said his eyes weren't exactly closed...I'm not so sure. What a great kid, what a great moment for him and for all of his fans here in CT. As for me, ten minutes later I felt so dirty, I took a shower and dressed from head to toe in Carolina Blue...just before hell froze over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment