Sunday, April 25, 2010

Take Back the Tap

I am a water snob! Some people taste the subtleties in wine, I taste them in water. I've been buying bottled water for years because I simply don't care for the taste of my tap water. To my credit, I did try to decrease my carbon footprint by buying larger bottles.
On Friday night, I attended a screening of the documentary, Tapped, produced by a Brookfield High Alum. It certainly led to some spirited conversation and creative ideas on the ride home. As is my typical response to these kinds of challenges, I was initially overwhelmed into a state of paralysis. I kept seeing my elimination of plastic leading me to soap on a rope!! But in keeping with my pledge to simply be a better Human Being in 2010 I have vowed to do the following:
1. Begin drinking tap water. I plan to buy a filtering pitcher and hope for the best!
2. I will always use my travel mug when I stop for coffee!!!
Baby steps! What will you do? Visit Klean Kanteen & Tapped for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment